Monday, January 09, 2006

My Favourite Interactive Device



Seeing as we are all choosing our favourite interactive devices for the critique and presentation next week, I thought that I would give you a preview of mine - my apple wireless mouse. It doesn't have all those fancy features of some of the left & right click/roller wheel mice, but it is, in my opinion, the most well designed mouse on the market.



















Why do I like it so much? 1) The affordance for my hand is perfect (in other words, it fits perfectly into my hand) and it is not only smooth, but light and comfortable to hold. 2) The glowing red LED on the underside gives me feedback, and tells me immediately that it is on and working for me. 3) It is easy to use - the bluetooth automatically twins with my Powerbook - and it is reliable - as long as the batteries are charged, it works everytime. 4) And my favourite thing about it is - it works through walls!

There are two things that I would improve. 1) The blue tooth connection and 2) the the fact that it uses batteries fairly quickly. The connection is lost and you have to re-twin if you turn off the mouse (time consuming and tedious); and I've already gone through one wireless mouse and am on to my second, because the bottom clip wears out with too much removing on and off for battery replacement.

But it is still the coolest, (if not the most fully-featured) mouse around.

This week, post a photo or photos of your interactive device on the blog, and a short paragraph of why you like it and what you would improve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home